For the benefit of other visitors and preserving the Cederberg, please adhere to the following general rules:
- Do not touch or damage rock art, as this causes deterioration of the paintings.
- Do not damage or deface rock surfaces, or use rock-bolts when climbing.
- Do not interfere with plants or wildlife.
- Do not litter (including toilet paper) - take all litter home with you. Download Brochure.
- Never discard cigarette butts, as they can cause veld-fires and are unsightly.
- No open-fires are permitted, except at designated areas.
- Do not use soap or detergents in or near rivers and mountain streams.
- Pets are only allowed at certain establishments, please confirm when booking.
- Access to outdoor recreational activities and attractions are subject to permits obtainable at various establishments.
- When hiking stick to the path and walk in single file to prevent damage to the vegetation.
- All fossils are protected as National Monuments and may not be disturbed or removed